Skewers are such a wonderful recipe to create a special dinner without having to spend a long time in the kitchen!
These keto-friendly beef skewers are rich in Mediterranean flavors with the help of some tomato purée, dried marjoram and olive oil.
Try not to overcook the meat to prevent it to become dry and feel free to brush the skewers with a bit more sauce if you think they need more moisture before they will be done: these are the two main things to keep in mind for this recipe that, otherwise, it's super easy to make!
If you don't have a grill or the weather doesn't allow you to use it, don't worry because the preparation is optimized for being made in a pan!
These beef skewers would make a great pair with a fresh salad and some cauliflower rice (maybe seasoned with olive oil, cumin, black pepper and turmeric); try also to add a few capers for some extra flavor... they are always a delicious addition in a Mediterranean-inspired dish!
Makes 2 servings
- 10 oz - Sirloin Steak
- 2 tbsp - Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp - Tamari Sauce
- 4 tbsp - Olive Oil
- 1 tsp, ground - Black Pepper
- to taste - Salt
- 1 tsp, leaves - Oregano
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Cut beef into small even pieces and place it in a bowl with half the amount of olive oil, tamari sauce, and black pepper. Mix well and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the skewer by threading the beef and use the marinade left in the bowl to brush the meat just before cooking it.
- Preheat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook skewer for approx. 8 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix tomato paste, oregano and the remaining olive oil together.
- Brush tomato sauce over skewer and cook to your desired doneness.
- Sprinkle salt on top.